Looking for the best 12 man tent yet? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. Big and spacious tents are essential pieces of equipment when you set out on any outdoor adventure as a group. Gone are the days of squeezing into something small. Tents that can accommodate up to 12 people at a time prove very helpful in far-off places and areas without proper infrastructure.
We have compiled a list of the top solutions for your adventure, should it be for weeks in the boondocks, or just for a kids party in the garden ;p
So let’s take a look into the best on offer for this year –
Core 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
This tent is among the best 12 man tents in the market and by far the best selling from what we can see. It is an instant tent and takes only 2 minutes to put it together. Above all, it is spacious on the inside and looks stylish from outside.
The tent walls are steep & straight with a center height of approximately 80 inches. Its structure makes it comfortable to move around on the inside consequently leaving you with less need to bend over.
Its poles are freestanding and enable you to pitch them in any terrain, however do be careful to keep it well grounded during windy conditions because as it is pretty tall, you may find it catches the odd sideways gust.
The windows are installed very low, so you can stay refreshed and feel the cool breeze even during a nap. In dry conditions you can remove the rainfly as well to enjoy the scenic night and sky full of stars as the roof is mesh.
The best use of such kinds of tents is during the summer in moderate weather conditions. However, you could spend winter nights in this tent but we’d advise something warm and certainly a thicker sleeping bag.
Features and specifications
- Has a floor made out of Polyethylene, and a tent & fly are made out of Polyester.
- Is a freestanding and instant tent. It takes around a couple of minutes to set up.
- Can accommodate up to 12 persons.
- Converts into a 3-cabin tent using the 2 dividers.
- There are 2 doors and 7 windows in total at a very low level.
- The peak height is 80 inches.
- Size is 18 X 10 feet with a floor area of the 16.7-meter square.
- It is large in size.
- Super easy to set-up, and take down.
- Has a high height.
- Value for money.
- Big size.
- No porch.
- Lacking in storage pockets.
Ozark Trail 12 Man Tent
Ozark is one of the most popular tent manufacturers in the industry. They manufacture all kinds and sizes of tents. Since you’re looking for a 12 man tent we’ll look into the Ozark Trail 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent. As suggested by its name, it accommodates up to 12.
The Ozark Trail 12 is spacious and has 3 cabins which can accommodate 4 people per ‘room’. As it has two doors you will have plenty of access.
Looking for good ventilation? They have got it covered with 2 oversized windows and vents. There is plenty of scope for fresh air and for creating a through draft
If you don’t want to struggle with setting up the tent when dark clouds are over your head, and you want to save yourselves from harsh weather, then it is the right tent for you. Setting up only takes a couple of minutes, and you’re good to enter and shield yourself from the looming rain.
The Ozark Trail 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent is spacious enough for 3 queen-size mattresses. The tent has two removable dividers that allow you to secure your privacy or remove when not resting.
Features and Specifications
- Can accommodate up to 12 people.
- 20 X 10 feet floor with 2 removable dividers.
- Center height is 80 inches that makes it easy to move around in the tent.
- Setting up only takes a couple of minutes.
- Has a shaded porch.
- Has 2 doors.
- Comes with a convenient waterproof bag
- Electricity cord is provided with this tent.
- Has rainfly
- Super simple design, which is accessible and easy to setup.
- May be uncomfortable in particularly heavy rain.
Eureka Copper Canyon 12 Man Tent
You could say that Eureka know a thing or two about tents. Having been founded in 1895 they have seen a few evolutions in their time.
The Eureka Copper Canyon 12 man tent is a comfortable 2 room tent with a high ceiling and vertical walls meaning being somewhat ergonomics for our taller brothers and sisters.
The tent can be set in two configurations, as one large room, or as two smaller rooms. There is a removable room divider giving you options and privacy should you wish.
The ‘Near-Vertical’ walls also facilitate easy addition of cots and larger airbeds. Nothing more awkward that having a large floor size only to realise that you need to be lying down to access the outer extremities.
The Cooper Canyon 12 Man Tent comes with their Zippered E! Power Port meaning that you can run mains power into the tent for charging cell phones and GPS units.
If you are worried about ventilation, this tent has 6 large zippered windows giving access to a 360 degrees view with all opened.
Features and Specifications
- Can easily accommodate 8-12 persons.
- Has 2 doors and one divider, making it a 2 cabin tent with separate entrances.
- A power socket is available inside to plug in your portable devices.
- The tent has 2 gear lofts to keep your essential devices and items inside the tent.
- 6 windows and mesh around its doors make it very comfortable and ventilation friendly.
- Center height of 7 feet makes it easy to move inside the tent.
- 6 storage pockets inside the tent.
- Its size is 14 X 12 feet with 15.6 meter square of floor area.
- It is a cabin-style freestanding tent and takes up to 15 minutes to set up.
- A big tent, which is the best for summer camp or family reunions.
- A detachable divider curtain allows for one room or two.
- Windows on each side of the tent enhance visibility and ventilation.
- Full mesh roof permits air circulation and reduces condensation.
- It could be expensive for some customers.
- Not a good choice for heavy rains or strong winds.
NTK Super Arizona GT
Now we move on to the NTK Super Arizona GT with it’s ample 6.9 feet ceiling height.
You could be mistaken that this is a regular 2-4 man tent due to its shape but it will fit 11/12 folk in it’s dividable area (divides into two). There are 2 D shape doors with this tent and it has 3 windows, so great for any family camping trip out.
Fully waterproof and well ventilated with large mesh air vents means that this tent should stay cool, yet dry in the heat and in the wet.
Specifications and features
- A separable room divider creates two superbly comfortable and spacious liveable spaces inside.
- The 20.6 by 10.2 outdoor shelter rises almost 6.9 feet up, which creates a lot of space to move around upright.
- Super waterproof as it is 2500mm polyurethane laminated.
- Tightly sealed seems to keep water out.
- Offers UV protection.
- Antifungal polyethylene floor.
- Easy room divider.
- D-Type doors for accessibility.
- 20 minute setup time
- Very waterproof
- Cheap zippers could be an issue
- Windows can only be opened from the outside.
- Very pricey in comparison
12 Man Tent Wrap up
There’s quite a few things to think about when it comes to working out which tent is the best fit for your circumstances. Do you need extra ceiling height, for your tent to be particularly good in wet weather, or simply something to get the kids out of the sun in the back garden?
I do hope that this has helped shed some light on what is currently available with our top 4 shortlist.
Do leave us a comment on which one you believe will suit you best or alternatively do send us a message if you have any questions.